You are invited to watch, read, connect, and join!
Together Tuesdays features fast-paced showcases of TOGETHER Bay Area member projects. Each showcase highlights 5-minute presentations from which you can get a delicious taste of what’s happening around the region on three hot topics: urban biodiversity conservation, green jobs and workforce development for climate resilience, and 30×30. Our members tell stories, celebrate successes, and wow you with their strategy and innovation. If you attended the live events, you likely met new people, connected with colleagues, knew more than you did when you arrived, and left with a smile on your face. If only we could bottle that up to share with everyone.
While the 2022 Together Tuesday events are behind us, the learning, conversations, and collaboration continue. Why stop? We invite you to:
- Watch the recordings of the three member showcases. And share them with colleagues and on social with @TogetherBayArea
- Read about the 16 projects highlighted in the member showcases.
- Connect with the speakers. Ask questions! Hatch ideas! Explore ways to partner! The speakers’ contact information is here.
Be a TOGETHER Bay Area member!
- Our members are amazing. Learn more about TOGETHER Bay Area and the impact we’ve had and what’s ahead here. Become a member or renew your membership today!
30×30 PROJECTS, November 1, 2022 from 4:00-5:30pm
Learn about 6 projects that our members’ projects that can advance California’s 30×30 goal. We bring this interactive map alive! Watch to learn about:
- Restoring the Laguna de Santa Rosa Wetland of International Importance, Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation
- Restoring Hayward Marsh, East Bay Regional Park District
- Conservation of Coyote Valley, Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority
- Redwood Creek Floodplain and Trail Realignment, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
- McCormick Ranch, Sonoma Land Trust
- Enhancing Connectivity Between the Santa Cruz Mountains, Diablo Range and Gabilan Range, Peninsula Open Space Trust
Are you curious about what 30×30 means for your organization and for the Bay Area? Watch this 7-minute bonus track from the November Together Tuesdays event:
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT, October 11, 2022 from 4:00-5:30pm
Learn about 5 projects that are building and retaining a skilled and diverse workforce. Members are leading projects and forming partnerships for green jobs and career pathways. Watch to learn about these projects:
- Working with Conservation Corps from historic partnerships to new models, Marin County Parks
- Bay Area Youth/Workforce Development, Student Conservation Association
- East Bay Academy for Young Scientists (EBAYS), Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley
- Habitat Restoration Internship, Grassroots Ecology
- Conservation Corps + Stewardship Training, California Invasive Plant Council
URBAN BIODIVERSITY, September 13, 2022 from 4:00-5:30pm
Learn about 5 projects that increase and support biodiversity in urban settings. Members are leading projects for a range of different flora and fauna from cute beetles to big mammals. They’re restoring creeks and taking stock of what biodiversity exists within a specific geography. And they’re building community through school groups and community volunteers. Watch to learn about these projects:
- Glenwood Open Space Preserve, Land Trust of Santa Cruz County
- The Junior Land Stewards Program, The Coastside Land Trust
- Urban Biodiversity Index in the Presidio,The Presidio Trust
- Riparian restoration & recreation along Colgan Creek: A case study in urban open space, Sonoma County Ag + Open Space
- Connecting Urban Biodiversity, California Academy of Sciences
Plus! Check out these other TOGETHER Bay Area members’ projects that support urban biodiversity. Space was limited on the stage, but we want you to know about these projects:
- Citizen Science through Docent-led BioBlitz Events, Keep Coyote Creek Beautiful
- Badgers are Awesome – But Need our Help, Paula Lane Action Network (PLAN)