We’re living through extraordinary times. It’s hard to know how to lead and manage our organizations and agencies. This Bulletin Board is here to help. We will update this frequently so check back often.
Looking for information, guidance, and tools? Please see below.
Have a resource to share? Send a website link to [email protected]. We cannot post PDFs or documents.
Upcoming Events and Programs
- Rising Leadership Fellowship program led by Youth Outside. Applications are due March 24.
- The Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science, the Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals, the US Forest Service Western Wildland Environmental Threat Assessment Center, and the USDA Climate Hubs are offering a recreation-focused Adaptation Planning and Practices training in a series of seven virtual 1-hour sessions. Click here.
- The Lawrence Hall of Science and Youth Outside are launching the Working Towards Racial Equity (WTRE) workshop series. Applications due March 12.
- See TOGETHER Bay Area events on our Programs page
Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- TOGETHER Bay Area’s Framework for Justice, Equity, and Belonging
- EnviroPros de Color (EPOC) is a new Bay Area group for environmental professionals of color
- Downloadable webinars: Jusice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (JEDI) series for organizations from American Trails
- Maintaining Professionalism in the Age of Black Death Is…A Lot by Shenequa Golding, Medium
- The Urgent Need for Nature During And After COVID-19 by Gail Christoper, Kim Moore Bailey, and Tyler Norris from Grant Makers in Health
- Nature & Privilege by Juan Martinez from Children and Nature Network
- Bay Area Conservation Groups Say they Want to be More Diverse. What’s Stopping them?, by Tamara Sherman, in Bay Nature
- Anti-Racism Reading List from TOGETHER Bay Area
- Why People of Color Often Feel Unsafe in the Outdoors, by Amanda Machado, in Sierra
Safety Guidelines and Health Orders
- COVID-19 Safety Training for Outdoor Volunteering (12 min video recording) from University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension
- COVID-19 Tribal Resource Center from the National Indian Health Board
- Preparing for Re-Entry: Key Considerations for Returning Employees to the Workplace from JD Supra
- Community Conversation: Public Health and Public Lands from TOGETHER Bay Area
- Community Conversation: Habitat Stewardship Projects while Sheltering in Place from TOGETHER Bay Area
- Safety Protocols Resource List (vehicles, masks, gloves, distancing) from Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
- Camp Operations Guide from the American Camp Association
- Camps Decision Tree from the CDC
- Guidance for Parks as a Essential Service During a Pandemic: Webinar 1: How parks can help flatten the curve, Webinar 2: Staff and Visitor Safety, Webinar 3: The role of parks in addressing stress and inequity, from UCSF
- Federal Recreation Reopening Strategy Recommendations from Outdoor Recreation Roundtable
- Guidelines for parks from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Guidance for camps from Association of Camp Nursing via American Camp Association
- Resume and Thrive Strategies from Nonprofit Risk Management Center
- Scenario Planning for Resilient Leaders from Deloitte and Salesforce
- A Compass for the Crisis: from The BridgeSpan Group
- Nonprofit capacity assistance/technical expertise advisors form from Olive Grove
- Rapid Response Checklist from Boston Consulting Group
- How to Keep Nonprofits Afloat from Harvard Business Review
- Resources for California’s Nonprofits from CalNonprofits
- Free financial management resources from Strong Nonprofits
- So many resources from many sources about events, philanthropic responses, and self-care